Vistara, a TATA SIA JV and India's fastest growing full service carrier, has signed a V-Services agreement to maintain its fleet of 26 V2500® engines. The V2500 engine is offered through IAE International Aero Engines AG, a multinational aero engine consortium whose shareholders comprise Pratt & Whitney (NYSE:UTX), Pratt & Whitney Aero Engines International GmbH, Japanese Aero Engines Corporation and MTU Aero Engines.
"Since our operational launch, we have been able to achieve on-time performance (OTP) in excess of 90 percent and we want to consistently maintain that superior level of service for our customers," said Phee Teik Yeoh, CEO, Vistara. "We needed a reliable and effective maintenance partner and we are confident that the V-Services agreement with Pratt & Whitney will help us minimize unscheduled removals of engines and provide the highest standards of safety."
"Vistara has done a remarkable job in its initial phase and we are excited to support this full service carrier as it continues to grow in the Indian market," said Greg Gernhardt, president, Pratt & Whitney Commercial Engines. "Our job is to help Vistara maintain a superior level of service with consistent on-time performance and provide safe and reliable air travel for their customers as we take care of the engines."
At present, Vistara offers 245 weekly frequencies to 10 destinations in India, including Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Goa, Guwahati and Bagdogra. The addition of Bhubaneswar to the network has been announced, with services commencing on October 1, 2015. Building a strong growth path on the pillars of service and operational excellence, Vistara recently achieved the benchmark of flying 500,000 customers across its network.
TATA SIA Airlines Limited, known by the brand name Vistara, is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51 percent in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49 percent. Vistara brings together Tata's and SIA's legendary hospitality and renowned service excellence to launch the finest full service carrier in India aimed at creating memorable and personalized flying experiences for its customers. Vistara commenced its commercial operations on January 9, 2015 with an aim to set new standards in the aviation industry in India. For additional information, visit www.airvistara.com.
Pratt & Whitney is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines and auxiliary power units.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning future business opportunities. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to changes in levels of demand in the aerospace industry, in levels of air travel, and in the number of aircraft to be built; challenges in the design, development, production, performance and support of advanced technologies; as well as other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corp.'s Securities and Exchange Commission filings.