SEOUL, South Korea, April 29, 2019 --- The Otis Gen2 Life® elevator recently received recognition for the most innovative product in the INNOSTAR 2019 certification based on results of a customer survey. It received top scores across the board in innovation, functionality, convenience, quality, and safety in the elevator category. This is the fifth consecutive year that Otis Korea received this recognition, and this year it was also inducted into the INNOSTAR Hall of Fame. Otis, the world’s leading manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways, is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
Hosted annually by the Korea Management Registrar, INNOSTAR is a certification given to innovative products and services that lead in respective markets for quality, functionality, design, safety, etc. based on a customer satisfaction survey.
“Winning this certification for the last five years clearly demonstrates the power of Otis innovation and how our new technologies are transforming the way we move people today,” said IS Cho, vice president and managing director, Otis Korea. “Otis will continue to provide safe, exceptional products and services that offer new experiences to our customers.”
The Otis Gen2 elevator is a product driven by its innovative flat belt in place of the conventional steel wire cable. It is one of the company’s best-selling products with more than 700,000 units sold globally.
The Gen2 Life system fully leverages global designs and rigorous safety standards to offer a wide range of benefits, such as energy efficiency, comfort and convenience.
The Gen2 Life, which comes with the flat belt technology, offers these advantages:
- Built with polyurethane wrapped around steel cords, making it slim but much more durable;
- Space needed for a machine room minimized, enhancing the efficient use of building space;
- No need for regular lubrication, making it environmentally-responsible and reducing maintenance costs.
- A Pulse™ system that continuously monitors the flat belt to offer a smooth, comfortable ride for passengers, as well as capabilities to detect issues in real time;
- Specially designed for energy savings with LED lighting, its ReGen™ drive that reduces energy usage by up to 75 percent compared to non-regenerative drives., and sleep mode when the elevator is not in operation;
- Innovative design –Positions buttons to the right so that passengers can quickly check floor status as soon as they come inside while using edge lighting to reduce eye strain and enhance ride comfort.