DOHA, Qatar -
Carrier, a world leader in high-technology heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVACR) solutions, announced the launch of a new line of energy-efficient residential and light commercial HVAC systems specifically tested to Qatar regulatory standards. Introduced at a customer event in Doha, the new systems use the environmentally-balanced refrigerant Puron®, which is non-ozone depleting, non-flammable and non-corrosive. Carrier, which operates in the State of Qatar through United Technologies Building and Industrial Systems W.L.L, a joint venture between United Technologies and ENSRV Group, is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
“We were very pleased to host this event and connect and collaborate with our distinguished customers and dealers from across the State of Qatar. It was wonderful to be able to update them on our product innovations,” says Nermeen Hammouda, general manager, Carrier Qatar. “At Carrier, we are proud to have a wide range of products and solutions for every type of residential and commercial application. Sustainable innovation is at the core of what we do so we continuously evolve our products to new levels of operational efficiency.”
HVAC products on display included:
- A new high-efficiency hi-wall unit, which uses inverter technology and offers excellent energy efficiency ratings with greatly reduced energy consumption and improved performance in new elegant design options.
- A new version of Carrier’s variable refrigerant flow (VRF) systems, XPower, which offers high energy efficiency ratings specifically designed for the light commercial and residential sector and are easy to install, use and maintain.
- The new Desert Master™ rooftop package, a window room air-conditioning unit with a high energy efficiency ratio (EER).
- A Eurovent-certified Airovision™ air handling unit compatible with different design applications in more than 64 sizes.
- A state-of-the-art new generation AquaForce® 30XV air-cooled chiller, which is designed to work at temperatures up to 55°C and can be customized to fit almost any building need.
All of these products are designed and built to efficiently operate at the high ambient temperatures experienced during summers in Qatar and to comply with the local mandatory regulations governing air conditioning and HVAC equipment. Carrier also offers a full range of aftermarket sales and service solutions, factory authorized parts and allied products.
The event attracted more than 150 participants. Attendees heard presentations from Carrier Qatar business leaders and engineering experts, as well as factory representatives from North America, Korea, China, Saudi Arabia and Egypt, who highlighted the product lines’ high energy efficiency ratings and features.
Founded by the inventor of modern air conditioning, Carrier is a world leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. Carrier experts provide sustainable solutions, integrating energy-efficient products, building controls and energy services for residential, commercial, retail, transport and food service customers. Carrier is a part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corp., a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide. For more information, visit www.carrier.com or follow @Carrier on Twitter.